Sign up for this live seminar on January 27, 2015 for 9am-4:30pm!
Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax3950 Fair Ridge Dr.Fairfax, VA 22033
Ensure a Smooth Path to a New Life
Adoption is an emotional process for all the parties involved. Are you prepared to assist and guide your clients through this highly emotional time in their lives? Whether you represent the birth parents or the adoptive parents, our faculty will update you on the latest adoption laws, help you understand various procedures and requirements, and give you the background you need to handle adoption cases without unnecessary delays, ethical problems, or surprises. Enroll today!
- Get all the adoption assistance available for your clients, including tax credits and allowable expenses.
- Advise wisely on the differences between licensed agencies and facilitators.
- Find out what the judges are looking for in the adoption process.
- Get practical tips for home study investigations in domestic and intercountry adoptions.
- Ensure clients are adhering to the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children.
- Find out how the latest Supreme Court cases and adoption decisions are likely to affect your future cases.
- Avoid problems when dealing with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services when adopting an international child by knowing what to expect ahead of time.
- Prepare for problems such as third-party challenges and dissolution of adoption.
- Advise clients knowledgeably with an understanding of current adoption law.
- Tackle sensitive ethical issues and other problems that are unique in adoption situations.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed for professionals who want to learn more about adoption laws and proceedings. Those who should attend include:
- Adoption Agency Employees
- Social Workers
- Introduction: Overview of Adoption Options
- Parental Placement Adoptions
- Home Study Investigations
- Agency Adoptions
- What the Judges are Looking for
- Interstate Adoptions and Federal Legislation
- Supreme Court Cases and Adoption Decisions
- Intercountry Adoption
- Contested Adoptions
Click on the link below to register today!